The following morning rather afternoon as I woke up at noon (now Saturday) I made it a point to go to her room and tell her that this was nit the girl i was. I had had fun but this was all a bit much for me. I cam from a home where all these things were taboo. I had every intention to tell her that she was not the person we had all thought she was so I will not be hanging out with her anymore. I mean to be fair it was only my second day and already I had seen a 40year old dick ah no thank you! As I got to her door she was also just coming in. She told me she had knocked on my door earlier because G wanted to take us for breakfast. She hugged me quickly and said she had something for me. She seemed so excited by it that I also got curious. She took out a roll of two hundreds rolled up like a cigarette and held together like an elastic band. She handed it over to me and said that’s for you from G for touching your ass and she laughed. I wanted to throw it in her face and tell her am not a whore but i had to count the money first. I told her am going to put it in my room then i was coming back for we needed to talk. I think going up to my room i literally ran in excitement. i had to count it. I was scared i would get robbed along the way for that’s what they say happens in Jozi and since i was not carrying a bag i put the money in my bra when i got to the elevator. Speaking of elevators there are none back in Mooi River. Some one saw me do that and laughed. Again I was embarrassed but i acted not to care. I went to my room locked the door behind me and starting counting. Twice i lost count and started again and even when i got it right i counted again. R5000 for someone touching my ass. All the anger I had towards S was gone and G was no longer Gorilla but Teddy Bear. Was I a prostitute now i wondered! Nah of course not. According to S he had to pay for having touched my ass. I decided the best thing to do was save this money so on monday i would go add to the 1500 my parents had given me for the month for pocket money in my Standard Bank student account.
The Rule book
Having swallowed my pride now having been softened up by the money I headed back to S’s place. She was expecting me and was on her ipad loading the pics from yesterday at the club. She asked me what it was I wanted earlier and i said nothing just wanted to catch up. She then sat me down and apologized for throwing me in the deep end like that yesterday. Just like that. She then told me if I wasn’t comfortable with it next time she will go with her friends just that she felt bad going out without me yesterday. I told her I was fine and carefully avoided telling her that I saw her give Teddy Bear aka Gorilla a blowjob in the car. Everything was cool but she said she need to warn me of a few things and laughed and called them the Rules of the game.
The Rule Book
Foreign Guys are not bad. Its just a myth perpetuated by jealous South African guys who have no money and no ambition. The most they can do is get a job because they can’t think outside the box. They are stingy for one and let’s be honest they are abusive physically and emotionally. We have all been victims. However, not every foreign guy is kind gentle rich and fun. You have to be careful.
There are Nigerians, Cameroonians, Angolans, and Ghanians. You have to pick them well. Oh how can I forget Zimbabweans. Foreign people back home (Mooi River) are classified into two groups. Either you are Zimbabwean or you are Nigerian so what the hell is Cameroo what what. She was just confusing me but like an eager student I listened carefully.
1. From the get go stay away from Zimbabwean guys as they are usually waiters and work in restaurants. They are not bad people but life is what it is. I tried to tell her its a stereotype and she said wait till you get to any restaurant in from Jhb to Mesina. I laughed uncomfortably at this.
2. Angolan men. They are very hot and have money problem is their women are even hotter so you will always be self conscious. And they love sex so you not about to be used for sex are you? I obviously said no but I wanted to hear more.
3. Men from Cameroon (that country i had never heard of till now) are few but have money. They are possessive but they cheat. They don’t really get along with Nigerians because they speak mostly french. If you are to play them here you most likely won’t get caught. I laughed again and asked her if she had ever played but she assured me that G would kill anyone who got close to her so she didn’t wanna end up making police statements.
4. She preferred Nigerians because much as they are sweet and caring they thought with money they could get everything they wanted. Problem with them is that they often had wives back in Nigeria. I asked her if this didn’t worry her and she asked me if I even knew were Nigeria was. When I said no she laughed and said “I rest my case”.
5. You cant do this forever though. in your first year you are allowed to play because you are young and no one fails first year. Just dont get caught and be discreet. dont flaunt your money when you get home because they will ask where you get it then you will be stuck.
6. You need a new wardrobe so am taking you shopping today. Your razor weave we will fix tomorrow Sunday.
7. By the way she said, we dont date South African men They do not appreciate women. They lie. They cheat. They steal. They beat. And most importantly they are stingy. How can you date a boy when you have a big man to take care of you?
With that said we headed to we headed to Sandton City because she said it was more convenient than Cresta and we would most likely not bump into anyone we knew. My makeover she said was about to begin. She told me how I would leave behind the dusty all me from Mooi River to be reinvented. By now you must be asking yourself where was my backbone in all this. I had hardly fought back and let this girl run my life. Dont forget i was in Jhb and she was possibly the only person I knew. She had given me 5000 for someone touching my ass. The most all the South African guys i had dated and yes some shagged had ever given me was a teddy bear (lol the irony) for valentines and bought me airtime to call them or chat. I had grown up with S so i trusted her and like she said it was my first year i needed to try new things. Pity i forgot that yes it was first year true BUT ONLY MY SECOND DAY in JHB and the drama hadnt even started….